Monday, March 24, 2014

Painted Vases

I have the tendency to "go all out" whenever I do projects. I tend to take a simple project and make it more labor intensive and more complicated. However, this time I told myself no! I wanted to do a project that would be simple, easy, quick, and fun.

And, I am quite happy to inform you that I kept my goal. This craft project is simple, easy, quick, and fun. What is it? It is painting flower vases!! Like a lot of people I know, I have tons of clear glass flower vases. They are pretty, but sometimes I find them boring. Plus, I hate how they take up so much room in my shelves because I never have them out unless they are holding a flower arrangement.

I discovered this fun idea on Life Love Liz, and I just knew I had to do it. My boring vases are now so festive and eye appealing.



Step 1:
Gather the supplies that you will need.
  • Acryclic paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Glass vases
  • Newspaper
If you don't have the desired paint you want, then you can mix the ones you have!



Step 2:
Squirt the paint into the glass vase. Then, gently swirl the paint around to coat the inside of the vase. If the vase has a wide neck, then you can use a paint brush to spread the paint around. If needed, apply more coats of paint.

I decided it would be fun to try putting two colored paints in. So with my big glass vase, I poured yellow and green paints in and gently swirled the paint around. It actually turned out pretty well.



Step 3:
Place the vase upside down on newspaper to allow excess paint to drip out for about an hour. Then, turn the vase right side up and allow to finish drying. Make sure to clean the lip of the vase. This time frame is what Liz recommended.

Step 4:
Enjoy your unique decor! Note: there might be places where the paint is thicker based on where it pooled, but no one will notice so don't fret.

I LOVED this project because it is a way to make your home look great for a cheap price! Let me know how this project turned out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment