Wednesday, October 8, 2014

You've Been Booed!

I grew up in a family that just loves Halloween, and so I love Halloween as an adult. I don't love Halloween as much as my sister; however, I would be hard pressed to find someone who loves Halloween as much as she does.

Growing up, I hated waiting until the end of the month to do Halloween activities. It seemed that most parties and activities were during the last week of October, and all I could think was why. So my family started doing a fun activity at the beginning of October to get ready for Halloween. We started doing "chain letter" Halloween door treats.

We simply made some form of baked goods and left them on a neighbor's porch with a paper saying "You've Been Booed" or "You've Been Treated Instead Of Tricked" and instructions on how to continue the fun. Don't worry, we didn't put any curses on the paper. It was just for fun so if someone didn't want to continue passing on "You've Been Booed", then that was their choice.


Because I now have kids, I really wanted to start this tradition back up. Click here to get the document with the Halloween chain letter. Feel free to make your own and please let me know how much your family and neighbors enjoyed this activity!

I hope you have a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment