About the product
- ELEGANT AND POWERFUL - With its Sleek design and fast heating ceramic plates this flat iron offers a combination of elegance, power and precision reaching temperatures of up to 430 Fahrenheit degrees
- SOPHISTICATED MICROPROCESSOR - Thanks to its highly sophisticated microprocessor and its LCD control display, the new Xtava Dolce allows you to personalize your settings to your desired style and hair type
- LCD SCREEN - Achieve complete control of the heat function with the stylish blue LCD screen and convenient buttons on the side of the appliance
- SAFETY - The Dolce flat iron is equipped with an automatic safety mechanism that will turn off the device when not in use. The device also offers a digital locking function to prevent any tampering with the unit
- CASE INCLUDED - Travel and storage case with heat resistant material included with the unit.
So this review was going to be posted several weeks ago with completely positive feedback. I was happy with the results. Here is what I thought:
First off, I just have to say how much I love the color and sleek design of this straightener. Before using the straightener, I examined the product. I loved the swivel cord because it gives me so much more freedom when styling my hair. And I really loved the manual lock feature because it is nice knowing that my kiddos can't tamper with the straightener if they get into my bathroom drawers.
The straightener is really easy to use. The power button needs to be held for a few seconds and then it turns on. I love how I can adjust the temperature to fit my hair type and styling needs! And, the straightener has a safety mechanism where it turns off after an hour which is good because there have been times where I wonder did I turn off and unplug my straightener.
I really like the fingertip grooves at the very top of the straightener because it allowed me to curl my hair without burning my fingers. I didn't get the curls I wanted, but that is due to person using it and not due to the product. I need to practice more with curling my hair now that I got a good flat iron.
The ceramic ionic plates are really nice and they make a huge difference. My hair stayed straight the entire day and didn't look frizzy at all. My ends also stayed straight which is awesome since most flat irons make my ends flip out or in which is annoying. Thankfully, the DOLCE didn't do that at all. In fact, I felt my hair looked nicer using this flat iron than other ones I have used. I am quite pleased with this flat iron and I definitely would tell my friends to try it out.
flat iron had major issues. It would turn itself off after only being plugged in for a few minutes. Any time I would barely tilt the flat iron, it would turn itself off. So basically I couldn't even style my hair because the flat iron would turn off every minute.
I contacted the company and they sent me a new one. I was hoping that I just got a defective flat iron. But, the replacement flat iron started after problems the same day! It wouldn't stay on no matter what I did and didn't do. Honestly, I am extremely disappointed that I have received two products from them and they have both provided me with awful experiences.
I would definitely NOT recommend this product to anyone. It is not worth the trouble .
*Disclosure: I received the product mentioned in this post at no cost in order to do this review. All opinions are my own.