Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Organic India Spices Review (#HowlingHornGiftGuide)

About turmeric formula

"If I had only one single herb to depend upon for all possible health and dietary needs, I would without much hesitation choose Turmeric."


--Dr. David Frawley, Founder of the American Institute for Vedic Studies

Our  organic Turmeric formula is made with the purest, 100% organic turmeric, a natural spice that contains curcumionoids, which are phytonutrients with powerful antioxidant properties that fight the damaging effects of free radicals in the body. Fortified with curcuminoid extract and organic ginger, our organic Turmeric supports important blood and liver functions, healthy joints and overall well-being, which is ultimately reflected in a radiant, supple skin.

It is only in recent years that Western scientists have increasingly recognized the medicinal properties of Turmeric. According to a 2005 article in the Wall Street Journal entitled Common Indian Spice Stirs Hope, research activity into curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is exploding. Two hundred and fifty-six curcumin papers were published in the past year according to a search of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.

Benefits of Turmeric:

Supports healthy joint function
Promotes radiant skin
Improves digestion
Supports healthy inflammation response
Gluten-free and vegan
90 capsules per bottle
GMO free
Kosher & Halal certified


My thoughts

I actually started the turmeric capsules when I started losing my voice. I got a cold that lasted about a few days, and then the cold settled into my voice (turmeric also supports a healthy immune response). When this happens, I normally lose my voice for many days. However, I got my voice back really soon and didn't feel so exhausted. The turmeric capsules really helped. My husband also starting them too to see if they would help me get over a virus that he picked up. And, he told me that he could tell the difference before and after
taking turmeric.

Turmeric is amazing! I honestly understand why it is go to herb because it has so many healing properties. I am definitely going to keep this in my house to keep my family healthy.

About Chyawanprash

Chyawanprash (CHAI-en-prah-sh), 100% organic, is made from the original  Ayuryedic recipe developed by the sages living in the forests of the Himalayas and is the real deal! It is rejuvenating, energizing and boosts the immune system, and often called "The Elixir of Life".

Chyawanprash is helpful to everyone, regardless of age, by creating harmony in the body and improving metabolism. Well-known as an immunity booster, Chyawanprash also excels as an antioxidant, rejuvenator, and source of energy. With Amla as a main ingredient, Chyawanprash also serves as a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.

Benefits of Chyawanprash:
  • Supports digestion of food and absorption and nutrients
  • Balances stomach acids
  • A rich source of vitamin C which strengthens the immune system and speeds healing
  • Smooths heart function
  • Nourishes brain cells and improves coordination and memory
  • Maintains moisture balance in the lungs
  • Supports liver function to purify the blood and eliminate toxins
  • Eases occasional constipation and promotes elimination without taxing the urinary system
  • Improves skin complexion and increases the absorption of calcium
My thoughts

I was so excited to try Chyawanprash. I have been learning about herbs the last few months and how much they truly help the body.

Chywanaprash only needs to be taken once a day and you only need about a teaspoon. You can take it with crackers, by the spoon, and with milk. I decided it would be fun to try it out with my breakfast so I made biscuits and I put Chywanaprash on it. All I have to say is how delicious it tasted. I love herbs and spices and because it has 37 herbs, the flavor and smell is amazing.

Chywanaprash can get a little warm in the mouth so it is recommended to consume it with milk. I noticed some warmness, but it didn't bother me at all. Both my husband and I noticed a change after eating Chyawanprash. We just felt healthier and had more energy. I know it was due to this product because it has so many things that the body requires. I am a firm believer that you are what your body absorbs and Chyawanprash helps your body to absorb nutrients.

About Tulsi Holy Basil tea - original

Throughout India, Tulsi is considered "The Queen of Herbs" and is revered as a sacred plant infused with healing power. Traditionally grown in an earthen pot in every family home or garden, Tulsi (also known as Holy Basil) makes a delicious and refreshing tea that possesses wonderful health benefits that support the body's natural immune system while relieving the body's negative reaction to stress. Tulsi's remarkable life-enhancing qualities, noted repeatedly in ancient Indian scriptures dating back 5,000 years, are now here are for you to fully enjoy.


Benefits of Tulsi tea:
  • Stress relieving
  • Soothing & relazxing
  • Abundant in antioxidants
  • Powerful adaptogen
  • Uplifts mood
  • Caffeine & gluten free
  • USDA certified organic
  • 18 tea bags in a box
  • Non GMO Project verified
  • Kosher & Halal certified

My thoughts

I love herbal teas because they really work. Like I stated before, I have only recently started getting into herbal drinks and herbs and I wish I had started sooner. Tulsi tea has a smell like basil and it tastes like it too. I found the flavor to be mild and comforting.

I tend to get really stressed because I am so busy and worry so much. Sometimes I find it hard to calm down. I decided to try this tea several times to see how I felt. And every time I felt so much better. I calmed down, my mood brightened, and I could relax!! It is so nice to be able to find a healthy way to relax along with my yoga.

Final thoughts

I am really impressed with the products by Organic India. I think these would make great gifts for Christmas. I would love to get these products as stocking stuffers and so would your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment