Thursday, January 30, 2014

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

Today’s recipe post is one of my favorite go to recipes. It literally takes less than 10 minutes to prep and cooks in the slow cooker in as little as 4 hours.

When my hubby and I were first married I was determined to celebrate every milestone. When it came time for our 6 month anniversary I decided I had to make something special and that’s when I found this recipe. It was easy, delicious, and smelled SO good while it was cooking!

Over the years I've tweaked it and made it my own. I love sharing it with family, friends, and random people on the internet looking for easy and delicious dinners.

Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:

For this meal I decided to use salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika for the seasonings. One of the reasons I love this recipe is that it’s so easy to customize! You can add Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, basil, hot paprika, etc. This time I decided to keep it pretty simple, but feel free to put your own spin on it.

First, mix the milk and soup in another bowl. If you’re feeling lazy you can just pour them into the slow cooker and mix them there, it just changes the consistency of the sauce. Next, mix in your spices.

Pour in enough sauce to cover the bottom of the cooker then add chicken breasts. I usually cut them in half width-wise so they’re thinner and cook more evenly.

 Layer ham on top of chicken. I used lunch meat, but I've also done it with ham  leftover from a Christmas dinner, and it worked just fine.

Next, layer on the Swiss cheese. I use pre-sliced, but, you can also cut your own if you’d like.
Pour the rest of the sauce on.

Put the lid on the slow cooker, set it to low, and set it for at least 4 hours.

 When I made this batch it cooked for 6 hours and all that did was make it so that it was even more fall apart yummy.

See? Yummy, easy, and mouth-wateringly good!
The original recipe does call for stuffing, but I hate the taste and texture of soggy bread, so I never used that… Feel free to give it a try if you’d like! I like to serve this with pasta and use the sauce as a pasta sauce. It's also really good with gnocchi (recipe coming soon). What would you serve it with? Feel free to share in the comments!

Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu:

Ingredients:

1 Can Condensed Chicken Soup
3/4 c milk
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp garlic (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
3-4 chicken breasts
6 slices ham
6 slices Swiss cheese

Prep:

Mix together the soup, milk,paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic.

Steps:

Pour sauce mix to cover the bottom. Place  Chicken on top. Layer enough ham to cover the chicken, the cover that with cheese. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top.
Set slow cooker to 'low' and set timer to at least 4 hours.



I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment