Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tortellini Alfredo Bake

You know those times you see something on Facebook that looks WAY too good to pass up and then realize you don’t half the ingredients? That happened to me last week when this showed up in my newsfeed :

Credit belongs to Life With the Crust Off. This is NOT my image. Link: http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/chicken-alfredo-ravioli-bake/

I instantly started drooling. Then I opened the link- I didn’t have half of what Life With the Crust Off (great blog, check them out!) listed. So, I made my own version and you’ll find that listed below. The Alfredo sauce is a riff off of a recipe I found at allrecipes.com which is linked here. I didn’t think to take step-by-step pictures, but look at the final product!



MMMMMMMM. (Please excuse my bad cell phone pic. I will add better pictures the next time I make this...)
Enjoy! If you make your own adjustments, let me know what you did and how it turned out! Thank you to Life With the Crust Off for the inspiration!

Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Bake

Ingredients
1 pound boneless skinless chicken diced
1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
1 recipe homemade alfredo sauce (see recipe below)
1 cup Monterey jack cheese
garlic powder (you can use just garlic salt, I tend to find the garlic flavor of the powder to be more potent andbetter)
salt
pepper

Directions
Make a batch of Alfredo sauce (below)
Meanwhile, brown the diced chicken in a skillet, sprinkle with pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
Sauté until cooked all the way through. Set aside.
Boil Tortellini and drain.
Mix ravioli, chicken into alfredo sauce
Place in 9x13 baking dish and cover in cheese
Bake at 350 till top is slightly browned (about 15 minutes).

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

 1/2 cup butter
 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
 2 teaspoons garlic powder
 2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Monterey Jack Cheese
 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions


Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Chop cream cheese into small pieces. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk or wooden spoon until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Stir in Monterey Jack Cheese and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce becomes slightly thick. It will thicken a little once off the heat and also while it's in the oven.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, this looks delicious. Too bad I can't ever give it to Cam. I need to find a way to do dairy free alfredo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look what I found! http://dairy-free.food.com/recipe/dairy-free-alfredo-sauce-143759

      Delete