*makes about 6 large sandwiches
*this recipe has been slightly altered and is only a little bit different than Barbie's Tuna Salad (we only changed the amount of minced onion, garlic powder, and used a little bit more tuna)
- 3 (5 oz) cans of tuna, drained
- 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna fish, mayonnaise, and sweet pickle relish
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, dried minced onion, curry powder, dried parsley, dill weed, and garlic powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the tuna mixture.
- Mix well.
- Wash a couple leaves of lettuce.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy!
Here are two pictures so you know what type of tuna fish I used and what the tuna salad looks like when it is all mixed up. Seriously, I can eat the tuna salad by spoonfuls!
Now that I have finished this post, I'm going to make some tuna fish sandwiches for lunch again. I just love curry powder. Let me know your thoughts about this recipe when you try it!