Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tuna Fish Sandwiches

My family loves sandwiches. They are so versatile and usually relatively easy to make. However, I don't like eating the same things over and over again. So I am constantly finding new ways to make food. My husband found this recipe for tuna salad (Barbie's Tuna Salad) and decided to do tuna fish sandwiches. This was unusual since we aren't really big into tuna fish. I am so glad he made this salad since it is now one of our favorite sandwiches to make!




Tuna Salad
*makes about 6 large sandwiches
*this recipe has been slightly altered and is only a little bit different than Barbie's Tuna Salad (we only changed the amount of minced onion, garlic powder, and used a little bit more tuna)

Ingredients:
  • 3 (5 oz) cans of tuna, drained
  • 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) mayonnaise or miracle whip
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
  • 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
  • 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Steps:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the tuna fish, mayonnaise, and sweet pickle relish
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, dried minced onion, curry powder, dried parsley, dill weed, and garlic powder. 
  3. Add the dry ingredients to the tuna mixture.
  4. Mix well.
  5. Wash a couple leaves of lettuce.
  6. Assemble the sandwich and enjoy!

Pictures
Here are two pictures so you know what type of tuna fish I used and what the tuna salad looks like when it is all mixed up. Seriously, I can eat the tuna salad by spoonfuls!




Now that I have finished this post, I'm going to make some tuna fish sandwiches for lunch again. I just love curry powder. Let me know your thoughts about this recipe when you try it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I never thought to put relish on tuna but I do use dill on almost everything I eat!

    ReplyDelete