Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CureDiva

My father's cousin died of breast cancer in her 40's. I only met her once, and while I know my Dad doesn't remember it, that experience has stuck in my head. Mostly, I remember her smile. It lit up the roomin a way that almost made it 10 times brighter.  She spoke calmly about normal things- her role at church, her house, her kids, needing to cook dinner. To my young teenaged mind, that seemed an anomaly- why was someone, so close to dying so happy? Honestly, I still can't answer that for sure, but as I've thought about it through the years I've decided that it might have had something to do with her being at peace with it. Death was coming, no matter what, so she might as well accept it and make the most of life. That's something that I've tried to apply to my own life in every way I can.

Thankfully, not everyone who is touched by Breast Cancer passes away. The treatments can be brutal, but there are often full recoveries. Having talked to friends who have dealt with other deadly diseases, I know that any sense of normalcy can be a real God-send. That's where places like CureDiva come in. From their website: 

WHO WE ARE

CureDiva is the first ever personalized lifestyle solutions online shop for women facing Breast Cancer. CureDiva offers a one-of-a-kind high-end shopping and community platform that provides women at every breast cancer treatment phase with all of their lifestyle needs. CureDiva's mission is to help women facing breast cancer better their lives with style.

How cool is that? Literally a one stop shop of items custom picked to help make life easier for women going through the hardest time of their lives. 

Obviously, there are other things you can do that don't involve buying gifts: make dinner, give rides, spend time talking, help care for their families, offer to clean their homes, etc. Sometimes though, a little something extra can go a long way.

Guess what? CureDiva has generously offered our readers an exclusive code to get 10% off their merchandise now through Sunday, June 22. Simply enter CD5W2014 at checkout.

*Disclosure- Howling Horn was provided a code to pass on to our readers. We were not asked to write a post and we expect no compensation in return. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this piece are our own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment