Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
About the product
Learn Spanish on the Go with Pimsleur - In Your Car, On the Plane, Anywhere... No Books, No DVDs, No Software Required! Pimsleur Spanish Level 1 (Comprehensive 1) is the easiest & fastest course available to start holding Spanish conversations.
• Highly effective, 100% audio-based learning
• Based on Dr. Pimsleur's famous research. Learn the Spanish language simply by listening & speaking
• Perfect for travelers, business executives, students & anyone who wants to hold real conversations
• No reading, writing, memorization, textbooks
• Just 30-minutes/day!
• Easily download onto your mp3 player
• No software (unlike Rosetta Stone & Fluenz). The Pimsleur method is an audio-only approach unlike any other available.
Its revolutionary scientific system allows you to lock language
material in your brain after just one listen!Takes you from beginner
Spanish to a basic intermediate level in thirty, 30-minute Pimsleur
Spanish lessons - 16 hours of real-life speaking sessions on 16 Spanish
language learning audio CDs.
• Initiate & hold face-to-face conversations
• Handle everyday situations - ask for information, directions, & give basic information about yourself
• Participate in casual conversations
• Avoid basic cultural errors & handle travel requirements
• Establish rapport with strangers in foreign countries
• Begin sounding out words with native-like pronunciation
About Dr. Pimsleur:
Dr. Paul Pimsleur was a legendary linguist at universities around the
world. His world-famous, scientifically-proven Pimsleur method has
helped millions of people learn new languages quickly & easily.
Featured on PBS - Purchased by the FBI.
Pimsleur Spanish 1 is definitely a new approach to learning a language. I took Spanish for 6 years during middle school and high school, and sadly I have forgotten a lot of my hard work. I was fairly good at reading Spanish, but I struggled speaking the language with ease. So I was really excited when I heard about this new way of learning a foreign language!
Each lesson is only 30 minutes so it is really easy to squeeze that into the day. Each lesson has you listen to the conversation, speak out loud, and answer questions when asked. This is done to help you establish the sounds of the language and reinforce proper speech. You only do one lesson a day. You can repeat any lesson more than once, but you don't move on until you can respond correctly about 80% of the time.
I just have to say how much I love the Pimsleur approach. It is really easy to do since you can do it anywhere! I find it really helpful how you listen to conversations to learn the language. The CD breaks down the words you hear in order for you to practice the correct pronunciation. The CD then will keep asking you questions so you practice saying the words and sentences until it comes with ease. This is the perfect way to learn the basics of any language.
I have been able to do the Pimsleur approach for a few weeks now, but I can already tell how much I have progressed and learned the basics of Spanish. I find myself speaking the words throughout the day which is a good sign because it shows that I am remembering what I am learning!
If you want to learn another language, then I strongly recommend using the Pimsleur approach!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.