*adapted from the Greek Quinoa and Avocados recipe from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook
*I omit the feta cheese and put more spinach in since I love spinach
*for 4 main-dish servings (I usually double the recipe)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 to 1 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 ripe avocado halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped (can use another one if you want)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine quinoa and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, shredded spinach, onion, avocado, and quinoa. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt. Add to quinoa mixture and toss to coat.