Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Best Open-Faced Sandwich You've Never Tasted

Don't you love the early twenties? You know- that time in life when you're not quite sure who you are yet and are willing to work practically any job in order to make ends meet. My job like that was working at The Hub. What's The Hub you ask? The food court at Utah State University. I devoted my life to that place. Literally. 40+ hours a week starting at 4 am every morning. Yup 4 am. I was a baker. Never again. Never. Baking bread? So not my strong suit. (Hence my recipe for super easy French Bread.)

The plus side of working in that bakery (called Hazel's by the way), besides the lifelong friendships I made, was my introduction to the Marv'N'Joe. Yes, I know, sounds odd and you have no clue what it is. But, it's easily the best thing you've never tried. Bread, garlic butter, cheese, toasted to warm and golden and melty perfection. I won't share the EXACT recipe with you (trade secrets you know ;)), but I'll give you an approximation here. Try it, try it soon. And, if you ever get the chance, head to Logan, Utah which is the home of the USU Aggies and give it a try.

Yummiest Open Faced Sandwich

Slice of French Bread
Garlic Butter
Salt
Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar
Oil
Mozzarella cheese
Slice of tomato (optional)

Spread Garlic Butter on French Bread. sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Add a small swirl of balsamic vinegar and oil. Place a slice of tomato on (if you like them, I usually don't add it). Place on slice of cheese. Pop into toaster oven and toast until golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment