Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Week of the Letter T

This week's post will be a little different since my family was super busy and I didn't get to everything I planned. Also, my computer's hard drive started to fail so I'm using my old laptop and it has major issues doing the basic things. However, we were able to do several activities and doing our busy moments I worked hard on teaching Monkey about the things we were doing. So this post will describe a few of the activities that we did for the letter T.




Letter of the week

Monkey loves to use glue so I was excited when I found this letter of the week project from Crystal and Comp. We had a fun time making a tree from the letter "T".



I let Monkey glue the green squares wherever he wanted to and we ended up with a willow tree. I love it! I find it when I let Monkey take control of the learning session, he enjoys it so much. Don't worry if it doesn't turn out exactly how you imagine it because your kiddo is still learning.


Reading time

During each letter week, I like to read books that feature the letter "T".  I love the books by Jane Belk Moncure because she wrote books about each letter of the alphabet.



I love how during reading time Monkey can practice the sound of the letter "T" and learn about what words start with the letter "T".


T is for Time

As I was thinking about what to do for a math activity, I thought it would be fun to do something a little different. So today I got a clock (bought a cardboard clock from the dollar store), and I taught Monkey about time.



I explained the numbers, the hands, and why a clock is used. Monkey had fun pointing the numbers and counting with me. I was glad that this activity worked on helping Monkey practice counting and learning his numbers.


T is for Tissue Paper


I wanted to do a fun but simple art project. And, that is when I thought of allowing Monkey to rip up tissue paper and glue it on a piece of paper. All you need is tissue paper, a 12x12 piece of paper, and glue.


Monkey was so excited about the fact he could rip up the tissue paper and how he could use glue. I allowed Monkey to do whatever he wanted to. While he was ripping the tissue paper up and gluing it, I talked to him about colors and art.



This is a very easy art activity, but so much fun!



Want more alphabet lesson ideas? Then check out our other posts!

Letter A   Letter B   Letter C   Letter D   Letter E   Letter F    Letter G   Letter H   Letter I   Letter  J

Letter K   Letter L   Letter M    Letter N   Letter O  Letter P   Letter Q   Letter R  Letter S



No comments:

Post a Comment