Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Egg Countdown

Easter is a special holiday for my family. My blog partner, Hannah, explained why with this great post. I feel that Easter is a time to remember my Savior, Jesus Christ. I want my children to know Him and understand what Jesus Christ did for them.

I'm not against the fun festivities of this holiday; I think they are fun and great to do. I just feel that more focus needs to be on the reason behind the holiday. And, that is why I created this Easter egg countdown.

This countdown goes through the final moments of Jesus Christ's life. It goes through the atonement, the crucifixion, and the resurrection.




Each egg contains a piece of paper with some scriptures on it along with an item to represent the corresponding scriptures. Click here to get the document with the scriptures and items you need to stuff the eggs.

What I love about this Easter Egg countdown activity is that it is so versatile. You can use it whatever way that bests fits your family. You can do a countdown with the eggs saving the 12th egg for Easter (resurrection egg). Or you can do the first 11 eggs the night before Easter and the last one on Easter. Or do all of the eggs on Easter.

I also love how you can just do the scripture and talk about the item or you can have a more in depth talk with your family by planning a mini lesson. I didn't include anything for mini lessons because my kiddos are way to young to do that. But when they get older, I am definitely going to ask them questions where we can have family discussions.

Anyways, I hope you had a wonderful Easter, and I hope your family enjoys this countdown activity as much as mine does!!

No comments:

Post a Comment