Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lemon Butter Green Beans

Today for Recipe Thursday I'm sharing an awesome, (almost) healthy side dish that goes with *almost* everything. I've used it with Italian dinners, mashed potatoes, eggs, and Asian inspired dishes. It might not go well with Breakfast for Dinner, otherwise, it makes a great pinch hitter when you're trying to think of something else to make.

First, start with fresh green beans. Today I used 2 cups, I'd recommend 4 cups if it's being eaten by more than 2 people. Rinse them thoroughly and cut off the ends.

Then, heat a pan at medium heat and add 3 Tbs butter (or just enough to cover the pan and have it still swish around when melted).



Squeeze in juice of one fresh lemon and salt to taste.


Add green beans and stir with spatula to coat with butter sauce.



Let simmer and stir occasionally until the green beans are easily cut with the spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!


See? Easy. Delicious. My husband, 2 1/2 year old, and 10 month old all love these and think I'm super cool when I serve them at dinner. Let me know if you try them!


Lemon Butter Green Beans
4 cups fresh green beans
3 Tbs butter
1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Heat skillet on medium heat. Melt Butter. Squeeze in lemon juice and add salt. Stir in green beans. Cook until soft. Season to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment