Wednesday, May 7, 2014

OvenArt Bakeware Silicone Muffin Pan Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

image obtained from OvenArt Bakeware website

About the product:
Get ready for stress-free baking and scrub-free cleaning with this wonderful silicone muffin pan by OvenArt Bakeware.
OvenArt Solves The Problems of Metal Muffin Pans
As you probably know, metal muffin pans have frustrating drawbacks. Metal rusts, wraps, and wears down with use. Stuck-on food is annoying and a nightmare to clean. And then there are the chemical nonstick coatings that eventually scrape off and only leave you wondering if it all went into your food.

A Nonstick Muffin Pan That's Worth It
We make our much loved silicone muffin pan with an expensive grade of pure 100%, high quality European silicone. Soon, you'll be confidently turning even the stickiest and messiest recipes into delightful muffins, cupcakes, cornbread, egg muffins and more. Food will slide out effortlessly and bake perfectly every time using your safe, BPA-free, filler-free, and worry-free silicone bakeware.

Cleanup Is A Breeze
Isn't it annoying to have to soak and scrub a pan? You'll really appreciate how easy this muffin pan cleans up. The magic nonstick baking cups clean with a little detergent and water or you can toss the pan in the dishwasher. With such an easy cleanup, why stop at making muffins and cupcakes? Enjoy delicious non-muffin recipes such as taco cups, crab cakes, mini lasagnas, and frozen desserts (it's safe for the oven, freezer, microwave, and dishwasher).

Perfect For First-Time Silicone Bakers
image obtained from OvenArt Bakeware website
New silicone users love the results batch after batch. They enjoy healthy homemade treats and save on store-bought packaged goods. This high quality muffin pan is protected by the OvenArt "Better Muffin" Guarantee for lifetime assurance against defects and performance issues. 

A Note About Floppiness
Silicone bakeware products vary in their sturdiness from one manufacturer to the next. OvenArt Bakeware products are very flexible, maybe even "floppy", compared to silicone bakeware you'll find in stores because we opt for a silicone that is free of cheaper, plastic filler material -- sturdiness in a silicone pan almost always comes from the addition of plastic fibres! 

Manufacturers like to use plastic filler to lower costs and consumers may initially think a sturdy silicone pan is good. However, over time, the plastic fibres can produce odours and will compromise nonstick performance. 

This is why we opt for the highest quality silicone that is free of any filler materials and recommend the simple solution of placing the pan on a cookie sheet before filling with batter for easier oven transfer. We only want the best baking experience for our customers. 

General Tips for Baking With Your Silicone Muffin Pan
- Place the bakeware on a cookie sheet before filling the cups for easy oven transfer. For thick batters like corn bread, you may not need the help of a cookie sheet.
- Lightly grease the cups of the muffin pan using oil, butter, or margarine.
- Wipe away any excess batter from the top of the muffin pan for easier cleanup
- Place the cookie sheet on the middle oven rack and bake according to the recipe. Check for doneness using a toothpick.
- If needed, feel free to add a couple of minutes to baking times until desired browning is reached
- The silicone cools quickly and will be cool to touch within a couple of minutes of removing from the oven. Pop out your baked goods with your fingers by pushing up from the bottom of the cups.
My thoughts:

I love to bake. I don't bake a lot of cupcakes and muffins because I hate when they stick to the pan, and I hate using liners. That is why I was so excited to try this silicone muffin pan! I was a little weary when I first looked at it because it was floppy, and I didn't know if it would truly work. I have had products in the past that claim certain things and totally didn't live up to expectation. Thankfully, this muffin pan didn't disappoint. In fact, I'm officially in love with it. Even my husband said how much he likes it to when he tried it out.



I used the general tips for baking with this muffin pan that the company provided. It was nice to know about putting the muffin pan on a cookie sheet before filling the cups and when placing it in the oven. My first attempt at using this silicone muffin pan was with a corn muffin recipe.



I probably didn't need the cookie sheet, but I didn't want to take any chances.



And, the muffins came out easily and cooked perfectly!! I was so excited to see cute little muffins without liners.



I also tried a banana muffin recipe and a lemon cupcake recipe, and I got the same results! The muffins came out easily and looked perfect. I have to say that this is now my new favorite muffin pan, and I can't believe that I baked without it. I strongly recommend getting one because it makes life so much easier. Maybe this would be a good Mother's Day gift! Find it here on Amazon.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment