Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hot Wassail

The area I live has random weather for spring. One day it will be beautiful and sunny and then the very next day it will be extremely cold and snowy. Over the weekend it got really cold and rainy, and I wanted a nice warm drink to warm me up. Because my husband is allergic to chocolate (*gasp*), I don't make hot chocolate (trust me you can survive without chocolate). I don't mind because I love spicy drinks so I made wassail. This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. I got it from my sister, and I know she got it from a hot cocoa maker recipe book. But, it works just fine making it on the stove top.


*note: check out my review on this Serafino double wall insulated drinking glass

Hot Wassail Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups apple juice
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nugtmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Steps:
  1. Add ingredients to a small stock pot.
  2. Turn stove top burner on and heat the stock pot
  3. Mix the ingredients together
  4. Heat the drink to desired temperature
  5. Enjoy

This is one of my favorite drinks, and it sure warms me up and puts a smile on my face! I just love the spices, and I love how it makes my house smell wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment