About the product
*images and content obtained from their website because I wanted everyone to see a picture with the description!!!
Startwrite has always made teaching easier, with personalize worksheets that engage children in the learning process. Nobody likes busy work. So Startwrite 6 is even more fun to use, with new learning tools, more powerful design option, Spanish language capability, and an endless supply of new resources.
Spice up your worksheets. Robust design tools make editing easier, and put you in control of color, size and graphic elements, from borders to clip art.
- Grid: Grid view helps you to align Text and Art Boxes on the screen, but doesn’t show up in the printed version.
- Flowing Text: Lets content flow from one Text Box to another.
- Border Art: Put fun, bright borders around the box, or add a picture associated with the letter or word the child is practicing.
- Area Highlight: Now you can highlight any or all of the three writing areas–bottom, middle, and top–in any color or shade of gray.
- Color everywhere: You can also change the color of almost any element on the page. Green arrows? Red guidelines? Make your worksheets sparkle!
- Choose Handwriting Fonts including Manuscript (similar to Zaner-Bloser™), Manuscript-Simple (similar to Zaner-Bloser™, Simplified), Modern Manuscript (similar to D'Nealian™) and Italic (similar to Getty-Dubay™ or Portland Italic), PLMR (Similar to Palmer™), HWOT Similar to Handwriting Without Tears™), VIC (Victoria – Australia), QLD (Queensland – Australia), NSW (New South Wales – Australia), Clocks Font, Money Font, Math Font 1 and Math Font 2.
- Use Cursive Fonts that correspond to the above-mentioned educational fonts, for the advanced student.
- Expand Font Sizes anywhere from 1/4" to as big as the page.
- Choose Shading of Fonts from Dark to Light for all levels of learners.
- Choose From Four Guide Line Options: Top, Middle, Bottom and Descender. Change any line to solid or dashed and colors to red, black or blue.
- Type dotted, dashed, or solid letters.
- Stroke Arrows for proper letter formation.
- Clip Art Included or import your own JPG or BMP clip art to make pages fun...
- Print Worksheets on Plain Paper from your own printer--no hassle and no expensive special paper needed.
- Print in Landscape or Portrait for your convenience and creativity.
- Custom Lessons are included (or can be downloaded free from Homepage) for quick and easy lesson preparation time.
- Use Startwrite's other Standard Word Processing Functions like cut, copy, paste, new, open, save, print, zoom, etc. for extra ease in preparation.
- Utilize 100,000-Word Spell Checker for accurate worksheet preparation.
- Save Lessons for future use to create your own curriculum in minutes, and save time and effort when repeating lessons.
- Use Spanish and Math Fonts* for even more learning potential.
- Create a Variety of Pages like phonics pages, spelling pages, a letter to a friend, scrapbook pages, etc. for more practice and fun while learning handwriting.
- And much more.
I have been doing many preschool lessons at home for my little boy, Monkey. I love being able to gear lessons to his hands. However, planning lessons can be very time consuming. When I saw this program, StartWrite 6.0 Handwriting Worksheet Software, I just knew I had to try it out.
And, I have to say that I absolutely love this program. It is really easy and fun to use. I am able to create custom worksheets, and it saves me time from trying to find something online or try to create a worksheet by hand. I use this program several times a week because I can do coloring pages, letters, numbers, and a lot more.
StartWrite includes art images, black and color, that you can insert into the worksheet you are creating. It also has cursive and Spanish features which I think is awesome because this program can be used even when your child gets a lot older. Monkey loved his "P is for Pig" worksheet where we practiced writing the letter "P".
I love how much time I save through StartWrite. I'm still finding new ways to create fun worksheets. Here is one I created to practice writing his name. I love the arrow feature and the dotted letter feature because it helps Monkey practice by tracing the arrows.
The program comes with an instruction manual built into the program. It is found under the help tab. If you still have some questions, the website has some video tutorials. The website also has some sample worksheets to help give you some ideas and to show you what this software is capable of creating.
If you are doing a lot of homeschooling or doing preschool at home, then I strongly recommend looking into buying StartWrite. If you want to explore the software, then you can download their free trial before purchasing.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.