Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lemon Cilantro Rice

My family loves rice. And, I love making rice with different flavors. This is a great recipe to serve with chicken and a variety of Mexican dishes.




Lemon Cilantro Rice Recipe
*note: this recipe is adapted from the recipe found in Rocky Road by Josi S. Kilpack. Her recipe is Lime Cilantro rice. I love her books!
*This recipe is good for lemon or lime

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1  1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
  • 1 (~15 ounce) can of chicken broth
  • 1 cup water

Sauce - to mix into the rice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
  • 3 teaspoons sugar
  • 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro

Steps
  1. Combine water, chicken broth, olive oil, and lemon juice into a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil.
  2. Add the rice to the saucepan (note: I like to wash my rice because it cooks better, is fluffier, and gets rid of the harmful chemicals).
  3. Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low
  4. Cook on low heat for about 25 minutes or until tender.
  5. When rice is almost done, make the sauce by combining the lemon juice, sugar, and cilantro in a bowl.
  6. Once the rice is done, pour the sauce over the cooked rice and mix it.
  7. Enjoy!

I hope you have making this recipe. Sometimes, I just eat this rice all by itself because I love it that much! Feel free to let me know how it turns out or what other rice recipes your family enjoys!

1 comment: