Lemon Cilantro Rice Recipe
*note: this recipe is adapted from the recipe found in Rocky Road by Josi S. Kilpack. Her recipe is Lime Cilantro rice. I love her books!
*This recipe is good for lemon or lime
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
- 1 (~15 ounce) can of chicken broth
- 1 cup water
Sauce - to mix into the rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine water, chicken broth, olive oil, and lemon juice into a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice to the saucepan (note: I like to wash my rice because it cooks better, is fluffier, and gets rid of the harmful chemicals).
- Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low
- Cook on low heat for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- When rice is almost done, make the sauce by combining the lemon juice, sugar, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Once the rice is done, pour the sauce over the cooked rice and mix it.
I hope you have making this recipe. Sometimes, I just eat this rice all by itself because I love it that much! Feel free to let me know how it turns out or what other rice recipes your family enjoys!