Saturday, January 17, 2015

Kid Lid Review (#kidlid)

KIDLID-fold-up.jpg

About the product

Kid Lid: The Problem and the Solution
Children rarely consume content through television as they once did. Now, parents allow children to use their portable devices (laptops, smart phones & tablets) to view content, interact and even learn. These devices are expensive and fragile. And the more these devices become the parent’s hub for communication (especially for work), the more important they are to protect. In 2013, $2.8 billion was spent in the US on the replacement and repair of laptops, smart phone and tablets from damage caused by parents children. Device manufacturers fail to focus on the small child who may often be using the parent’s device. Until now, there is nothing that physically protects our keyboard when used by our youngsters. Without this protection, the device and data are at risk.

The Kid Lid Protect and Fold Up are our first products. Each protect your keyboard when young children use your laptop providing a protective outer surface that prevents damage and keeps applications from being interrupted by accidental keyboard pounding and allowing your little one to enjoy seamless content on your computer without the constant need for your attention.
The Kid Lid is currently available in two different versions: Protect and Fold Up. Both products were created with real kids in mind and are made of BPA-free polycarbonate plastic and universally created for 13” and 15” Mac and PC laptop computers.

The Kid Lid Protect Board ($29) and Fold up Board ($39) are available for purchase at http://www.kidlid.com.

My thoughts

My family does not have cable. We have a television, but it is only for watching movies. The TV is kept downstairs because I don't want it to the main focus of my living room. My laptop is used a lot to watch movies and children shows because my basement living room isn't child proof. We don't watch tons of shows, but every now and then it is nice to watch something with my kiddos and have a break from chores.

However, it has been getting harder to use my laptop because my kiddos love to explore the keyboard which interrupts their shows and the "what happened to my show" panic begins. I tend to have to get creative and put the laptop at a hard to reach place so buttons don't get pushed and so there is no chance for food/water getting spilled on it. 

Movie watching is much easier now because of my Kid Lid. I don't have to fret about food or water being spilled onto my computer because it is protected by the kid lid. I don't have to worry about Roo running by and smacking the keyboard because he thinks it is funny.

I absolutely love the design of the Kid Lid. It slips over easily over the lap top and the attached strap goes around the lap top base to prevent it from moving around.



The attached strap also is used to store the kid lid in a compact shape so it is easy to store while you are not using it. I love it when products are easy to use and easy to store! Those are things that I really look for, and the Kid Lid delivers on both!


The Fold Up board is an awesome feature because I can just pop up the board to use the mouse to change the volume, hit pause, etc. without removing the Kid Lid from the laptop!



For those that do a lot of watching on your lap tops, then you definitely want to get a Kid Lid. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. 

*Disclosure: I received the product mentioned in this post at no cost in order to do this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment