Monday, January 19, 2015

Peppermint Essential Oil Review (#PeppermintOil, #giftguide, #begreen)





About the product

Quick Overview:
  • PREMIUM QUALITY PEPPERMINT OIL - 100% Pure And Natural Essential Oil. NON-TOXIC, No Additives, Unfiltered and Undiluted with no Fillers. Therapeutic Grade. Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans. Packaged in the USA.
  • POWERFUL AND PURIFYING: Peppermint Oil is known to relieve headaches and anxiety, helps ease respiratory problems, works to ease symptoms of asthma, helps with stomach and bowel spasms, as well as helps to relieve fever, and arthritis pain. It's also helpful is soothing the mind and body with aromatherapy. It's safe for topical application, although it is necessary to dilute with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil.
  • MULTIPLE USES: Peppermint offers multiple household uses. It provides a wonderful cooling sensation while it naturally alleviates discomfort. Our oil is 100% is NON-TOXIC and perfect for use around the home and gardens. It is effective in repelling mice, spiders, ants, fleas, lice, roaches and rodents.
  • LARGE 4 OUNCE and PREMIUM QUALITY DROPPER inside each bottle for ease-of-use
Peppermint Oil offers multiple household benefits:
  • Helps to improves energy levels - effective for Cold/Congestion
  • Menthol helps with effective relief from many respiratory problems including nasal congestion, sinusitis, and the common cold and cough 
  • Reduces headache and nausea 
  • Peppermint oil is very helpful in soothing digestion 
  • Reduces inflammation and calms the spasms. Peppermint Oil is intense and far more concentrated than other essential oils.
How to use/storage/cautions:
  • Add a few drops to a foot bath for relief of swollen feet. 
  • Rub a drop of oil under the nose for improved concentration and alertness.
  • Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders to keep energy levels high. 
  • Mix with carrier oil and massage chest or drop into a humidifier to help clear sinus and lung congestion. 
  • Other than aromatherapy, carefully dilute with a carrier oil such as fractionated Coconut, jojoba or Almond oil. 
  • Storage: Store in cool place in closed container. 
  • For external use only
  • Avoid Contact with eyes
  • Avoid using during pregnancy
  • May irritate skin
  • Keep out of reach of children.
My thoughts

I have just begun my journey into essential oils. It only makes sense since I am enjoying gardening, raising my own chickens, and growing herbs. Peppermint essential oil was one of the oils I really wanted to get.

Majestic Pure peppermint essential oil comes in a big bottle and with a dropper. I love the dropper because it allows you to get exactly what you want and no more! I have had other essential oils with control flow caps and I tend to get more out than I want or some of it spills around the lid.

I had the lovely experience of getting the stomach flu virus. When I was recovery, my stomach would get nauseated eating simple foods. In order to help calm my stomach, I would place one drop on a cotton ball and let the smell of the peppermint reach my nose. In a few minutes, my stomach was settled.

My sweet boys shared their cold with me and my husband. We got super congested and had some minor respiratory problems. It was nice to be able to use the peppermint oil to fix that problems. And, it helped relieve headaches from all the congestion. I love getting fast results that last for a long time.

Please remember that while essential oils are natural, you need to research about them before you use. Essential oils are just like medicine, they have dosages and shouldn't be used for certain ages or conditions. For example, peppermint oil is one you don't use during pregnancy and for really young children. Majestic pure provides the information you need which I really appreciated because it will help prevent people from using the oil incorrectly. This goes to show that this company knows what it is doing!

There is a really helpful site, http://www.learningabouteos.com  , that will let you know how and when to use essential oils. This site has been an extremely beneficial tool! I am sharing this because I want everyone to know that essential oils need to be used safely and in correct dosages.

Anyways, I love knowing that I can treat my family at home and help aid their recovery from their illnesses. I love how essential oils have made my family depend less on pharmaceuticals and doctor visits. I am slowly adding essential oils to my "medicine cabinet" because they really do make a huge difference. I would recommend this peppermint essential oil to any of my family and friends!

Oh, and I can't wait to see how it works with keeping spiders and other insects out of my house come spring. 


*Disclosure: I received the product mentioned in this post at no cost in order to do this review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this review. It was very helpful especially the link to the site on how and when to use essential oils. I've been wanting to get and use essential oils but wasn't sure I would actually do it. Your review helped me decide to start. I love the uses you mentioned for peppermint oil. I want to start doing what you're doing...."slowly adding essential oils to my "medicine cabinet" " :)

    ReplyDelete