Friday, January 16, 2015

Select Culinary Julienne & Vegetable Peeler Review (#SelectCulinary, #giftguide)

About the product

Select Culinary Julienne & Vegetable Peeler - Stainless Steel - 2-in-1 Vegetable Slicer & Shredder

  • This julienne vegetable slicer is made up of Stainless steel, to ensure a thin layer of peeling. It also makes the vegetable peeling so much easier. This julienne peeler is indeed the sharpest among the rivals.
  • Dishwasher Safe - This julienne cutter is totally safe in dishwashers and because it is manufactured of high-quality stainless steel, it would not get any rust from being wet.
  • Must have - This peeler is definitely a must have inside your kitchen. It plays a major role in cooking or simply preparing a delicious vegetable meal or fruit. It helps you maximize the whole fruit and vegetable and avoid large chunks of waste because of uneven peeling when using a vegetable knife.
  • Lightweight - This julienne shredder is ultra light to ensure 100% comfortability while using it. This definitely makes it perfect for long hours of usage in the kitchen.
  • Size - 7.2" x 3.3" x 1". [Handle is 5.2 inches]

My thoughts

We love vegetables in my house! One of the reasons for my love is due to my big garden that I do every year. I am constantly trying to find new ways to incorporate vegetables into my dishes. And that is when I discovered the Select Culinary Julienne & Vegetable Peeler.

I have been practicing my Julienne skills, but I am just not fast at it. I love to have Julienne style carrots and other vegetables in my Asian recipes, but the time it takes it isn't worth it so I end up grating my vegetables. Grating works, but it just isn't the same.

The solution to my problem is the Select Culinary julienne and vegetable peeler. When I first used the julienne and vegetable peeler, it took me a few moments to adjust to the shape because I am accustom to using tiny peelers. But don't worry, the adjustment period didn't last long at all. I loved at how easy the peeler peeled my potatoes. It works extremely well.


It makes getting julienne style vegetables so easy. I wanted to make a salad and I decided to test out the julienne peeler by using a carrot and a piece of celery (that is what I had on hand). In about a minute, I had my entire carrot and celery peeled into julienne strips.




The salad looks gorgeous! I can't wait to use this julienne and vegetable peeler for my Asian recipes.



The best thing I love about this kitchen gadget is that it is a 2 in 1 peeler and that it is dishwasher safe! One less thing you have to wash by hand (it is okay, you can do a happy dance...I did mine when I found out it was dishwasher safe). Anyways, if you don't do julienne style vegetables a lot then you can still use the Select Culinary gadget as a regular peeler!! Really awesome because it saves space in the kitchen drawer. I definitely recommend getting this julienne and vegetable peeler because you won't be disappointed with the results.

*Disclosure: I received the product mentioned in this post at no cost in order to do this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment