Thursday, January 8, 2015

Little Twig & Eco-Me Products Review (#begreen, #giftguide)

About Little Twig Calming Lavender Baby Wash & Lotion


Little twig® products are developed with the advice of pediatricians and real-life parents. At Little twig® we want to provide families with a safe and natural bath time alternative. We utilize the most effective organic and botanical ingredients in our simple recipe for pure and gentle personal care. Each product is an example of our commitment to quality, and that is why we completely guarantee each product.

Lavender baby wash

Shower your little one in serenity with this organic blend of essential oils and mild foam. Our formula combines skin softening vitamin E with just a whisper of lavender and chamomile. Gentle enough for newborns.
  • Phthalate Free
  • Pediatrician Tested
  • Paraben Free
  • Sulfate Free
  • Nut, Soy and Wheat Free
  • Non Irritating
  • No Synthetic Fragrances
  • Head-to-Toe
  • Ideal for Sensitive Skin

Lavender baby lotion

Bath time or anytime, our Pediatrician tested formula nourishes dry & troubled skin with gentle, milky moisture. Lavender and lemon soothes the mind, vitamin E, jojoba and tea tree oil heals and softens the skin.
  • Phthalate Free
  • Pediatrician Tested
  • Paraben Free
  • No Mineral Oil
  • Nut, Soy and Wheat Free
  • Non Irritating
  • No Synthetic Fragrances
  • pH Balanced
  • Ideal for Sensitive Skin



  They are also available in tangerine and unscented. Check them by clicking here.

My thoughts

Monkey kept wanting to get more of the lavender baby wash

Over the last year I have been making changes to make my life "more green". I don't like the idea of putting bath products on to my precious little ones that have known carcinogens. I want to give my children the best future I can and that includes making sure they eat good foods and that they aren't exposed to toxic chemicals. 

When I read about how Little Twig bath products don't have phthalates, parabens, and synthetic fragances, I knew I needed to try these out. I wanted to have a body wash product that is safe for the entire family and is made of organic and botanical ingredients. I decided to try out the calming lavender in order to help my little boy sleep better at night (he has had sleeping problems for well over a year due to his disease, Mastocytosis). Even though Roo has started to sleep better, I wanted to have a product that would help him even more.

Happy Roo!!
The Calming Lavender Baby Wash didn't even bother my kiddos' sensitive skin! My children really enjoyed having a body wash product that had a smell. The best part about the baby wash was the balance of lavender! I wasn't overwhelmed with lavender like a lot of other products I have tried. The hint of lavender made the bath time actually relaxing. And it was the perfect transition to bedtime. I have used the baby wash several times and it seems to help my kiddos sleep better! Roo really loved his lavender baby wash.





After bath time, I used the calming lavender baby lotion. One thing I will tell you right now is that a little really goes a long way. The lotion definitely has a stronger lavender smell so I only used a small squirt to rub over Ian's body. He even had fun rubbing it on his hands. Monkey isn't pictured because he wouldn't sit still.


 



About Eco-Me Natural Plant Extract Dish Soap (Lemon Fresh)

Eco-Me dish soap is tough on grease, gentle on hands with glycerin and natural plant extracts.



Here is some information about the lemon scent dish soap:
 
  • YES Natural Ingredients
  • YES PET#1 BPA-Free Plastic
  • YES Plant Essential Oils
  • No Dyes or Colorants
  • No Harsh Preservatives
  • No Sulfates (SLS, SLES, ALS)
  • No Animal Testing or By-Products
  Ingredient facts:
  • Water
  • Coconut-derived Soap 
    Decyl Glucoside: a natural, non-ionic surfactant, from renewable plant raw materials
  • Food-grade Emulsifier
    Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate: a natural, food grade emulsifier derived from sodium salt of lactic acid. 
  • Plant-base Solubilizer 
    Caprylyl Capryl Glucoside: Mild, solubilizing non-ionic surfactant that is obtained from renewable vegetable origin.
  • Radish Root
    Leuconostoc: a natural preservative with antimicrobial benefits.
  • Food-grade Preservative
    Potassium Sorbate: a natural preservative from the potassium salt of sorbic acid, used to preserve food and skin care products.
  • Plant Essential Oils
    Cymbopogon Flexuosus Oil: Lemongrass oil is a natural antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent and a bactericide that acts like a natural preservative and fragrance. 
Manufacturing facts:

Manufactured in the USA. Using Food-grade & Plant-based ingredients.
  • Eco-Me products are tested for safety and effectiveness.
  • Eco-Me is a proud partner of the NPA (Natural Products Association).
  • Eco-Me products are PETA approved & LEAPING BUNNY certified.
  • Eco-Me discloses all ingredients and makes available MSDS for all products.

Eco-Me offers these other scents: herbal mint, citrus berry, and fragrance-free. You can check them out by clicking here.

My thoughts


I have struggled finding a dish soap that I actually really like. Most the dish soaps have questionable ingredients, smell awful, and don't really work. I bounce around from one dish soap to the next usually whatever is on sale or whatever I have a coupon for.

And then I tried Eco-Me Lemon Fresh dish soap. When I first used the soap, the first thing I noticed was the wonderful and delicious smell. The water smelled like real lemons and it was heavenly. The dish soap smells so good because it has lemongrass essential oil in it.

As I washed dishes, my hands weren't irritated by the soap. I have sensitive hands and they dry out easily. It was nice to use a soap that made my hands feel soft and that wasn't jammed pack with nasty chemicals.


The dish soap claims that it is tough on grease. I decided to test it out. Here is a pan I used to cook a meal earlier in the day. A lot of grease built up on the sides (I had to pull it out of the soapy water in order to take a picture).


I let my dirty pan sit in the soapy water while I washed my other dishes. When I decided to wash it, I was amazed at how easy build up came off. I didn't have to scrub long at the pan since it just came off. Plus, there were still lots of bubbles left. The dish soap did an impressive job on my pan with minimal washing!


The best part about this soap is how the fresh lemon smell doesn't disappear in the first five minutes. It is present the entire time I washed the dishes. I even forgot about my dishes to get my kiddos into bed and I came back to clean the kitchen, I could still smell the lemon!! This is definitely my new favorite dish soap and is one I am definitely going to keep using over and over again.


Final thoughts

I am really pleased with the Little Twig and Eco-Me products. They are definitely products you would want in your household because they will help you get rid of harmful chemicals in your home!


*Disclosure: I received the products mentioned in this post at no cost in order to do this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment